Volodymyr Groisman is nominated as the head of the Commission
The document has been published on the website of the President on Tuesday, March 4.
The decree offers to adopt a provision on the Constitutional Commission.
The Verkhovna Rada's head, Volodymyr Groisman has been nominated as the head of this body.
According to the decree, the Constitutional Commission is a specialized subsidiary body of the Ukrainian President.
The main objectives of the Constitutional Commission are:
1) The generalization of the Constitutional norms' compliance practice, developing proposals for its improvement in order to meet modern challenges and needs of the Ukrainian society;
2) Creation of proposals for constitutional reform in Ukraine;
3) Providing a broad public and professional discussion of proposals for constitutional reform in Ukraine with the participation of leading experts in the field of constitutional and other branches of law, in the field of social and political sciences, public figures, representatives of public associations and international organizations;
4) Preparation of a draft amending the Constitution of Ukraine after the general public and professional debate;
5) Promotion of an effective mechanism for cooperation between governmental agencies, civil society and international organizations on the preparation and implementation of the constitutional reform in Ukraine;
6) Delivering information to the public about the work on the Constitutional changes and their implementation.
The Ukrainian President approves the structure of the Constitutional Commission.
The decisions of the Constitutional Commission, if necessary, are implemented due to Presidential acts submitted to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.Source: ZN.UA